DID YOU KNOW? A study by the U.S. Geological Survey reported that one or more VOCs were detected in 90 to 98 aquifers tested across the U.S.**
REMOVES IRON STAINS AND FOUL ODORS
Have you ever smelled the rotten egg odor or seen orange rust-like stains in your toilets or laundry? Well water is prone to these problems. The Iron Shield+ system removes both by first oxidizing and isolating these well water contaminants, then flushing them away. It also provides you with toxin protection to take care of those contaminants that you can’t see or smell.
Instead of using salt or chemicals to remove the iron, the Iron ShieldGX7 with Toxin Guard provides a natural solution. The Iron ShieldGX7 uses a high-quality coconut fiber carbon rather than the petroleum-based industry standard. It uses natural air and a proprietary filtration media to eliminate these contaminants along with undesirable staining, tastes, and odors. It also reduces many invisible toxins which can be even more dangerous when inhaled or absorbed through the skin while showering than they are in your drinking water.* Enjoy bathing and showering in water that’s free of VOCs, disinfection byproducts, petroleum products, industrial contaminants, pesticides, and more.
Click here to get purchase our Well Water Test Kit to find out what is really in your water.
HOW IT WORKS (Schematic)
- In Service – Untreated water enters the filter. Iron and other contaminants are trapped in the natural media while dissolved oxygen is added to the water.
- Backwash – Upward flow of water lifts the filter bed, removing trapped contaminants and increasing the life of the media.
- Regeneration – Air injection system naturally regenerates the media without the use of chemicals.
- Fast Rinse – Filter bed is packed down to prepare for the next filtration cycle.
*Richardson, Susan D. 2007. “Water Analysis: Emerging Contaminants and Current Issues.” Analytical Chemistry. 79(12): 4311-4312
**U.S. Geological Survey. Volatile Organic Compounds in the Nation’s Ground Water and Drinking-Water Supply Wells. 2006. pubs.usgs.gov/circ/circ1292/pdf/circular1292.pdf
DownloadsIron Shield w GX7 media
- Eliminates stains, discolored water and odors with the oxidative power of air
- Guards pipes and plumbing fixtures against corrosive iron build-up
- Clean Media Technology extends the life of the filtration media and prevents bacteria growth inside the tank
- Safe for septic systems, plumbing and appliances
- Uses only air, ozone and water in the regeneration cycle – no chemicals or salt
- Removes up to 20 ppm of combined iron, manganese, H2S, & tannins at pH as low as 5.8
- Reduces many harmful pesticides, Industrial contaminants, VOCs and more
- Provides a steady supply of clean, fresh water with maintenance only every 5 years
- Protects bathing, showering and cooking water against common toxins that can be absorbed through the skin or inhaled in moist air
- Hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg)
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Trihalomethanes (THMs)
- Disinfectant Byproducts (DBPs)
- Petroleum Products
- Hormone mimickers
- And many more