- System Faults & Mechanical Failures
- Unplanned Turbine Downtime
- Shortened Fluid Service Life
- Shortened Component Service Life
- Increased Maintenance and Repair Costs
- Lost Revenue & Productivity
- Accelerated Mechanical Wear
- Corrosion of Metal Surfaces
- Loss of Lubricity
- Additive Breakdown
- Viscosity Varience
- Bearing Failure
- Fluid contamination of oil is the number one cause of component failures.
- 70% - 75% of failures are related to surface degradation caused by mechanical wear.
- Free and dissolved water and particulate matter in hydraulic and lubrication systems are the leading cause of mechanical wear.
- Oil contamination leads to accelerated abrasive wear, corrosion of metal surfaces, increased electrical conductivity, viscosity variance, loss of lubricity, fluid additive breakdown, bearing failure, and more.
- Unfiltered new oil is one of the major sources of contaminant.
- It is vital that new oil is filtered to follow the required ISO 4406 cleanliness codes before it is introduced to the component.
- Maintaining clean, dry oil will extend component and equipment life by up to 5 times the normal service life.
Precision Filtration Products' Wind Turbine Fluid Services department offers our Gearbox and Hydraulic Oil Change-Out Program to help protect your fluid systems against mechanical failure due to poor oil quality. Our Gearbox and Hydraulic Oil Change-Out Program will help you meet or exceed the required oil cleanliness codes per ISO 4406.